Monday 22 August 2022

Silica Gel - life experiences

 

Silica Gel - life experiences


Silica gel is familiar to all as a good moisture absorber. There is a lot of applications for silica gel in our daily life. Day by day the applications are increasing. The main thing or important advantage of silica gel is, it is inactive to most of the other products. It has no side effects or anything.

We can see some examples based on the real experiences of silica gel.

We know that the silica gel desiccants has the ability to absorb moisture from the surroundings. In this way, it can maintain food products as fresh without water content and can avoid rust by removing water from it.
silica gel suppliers UAE
Silica Gel
See what Mr. Aaron from Indianapolis said: "I am a line mechanic for Delta Airlines. We do all our work here outside since we don't have a hangar. So when an aircraft arrives with maintenance issues I have to wheel my tools outside, leaving them vulnerable to weather, and sometimes my toolbox gets filled with snow or rain. I have found that if I put two desiccant packs per drawer in my toolbox, it is just enough to dry them out and keep my tools from oxidation".

This experience proves that to keep your tools free of oxidation throw silica gel desiccant packets in it. Actually, the desiccants are good for a lot more than this. It is a natural substance or method to keep things dry and fresh by avoiding moisture. But we need to make sure the surroundings are closed not open air.

Now we can see some other true story about silica gel. "I fly ultralight aircraft and use silica gel in my engines (snowmobile engines converted for aircraft use). I put the gel in old plastic 35-mm film canisters.

I drill holes in the silica gel canisters smaller than the beads so they don't come out, and I put one inside each carburetor intake to help keep moisture out of the engine while it is in storage during the winter. This helps keep the bearings from pitting and the internal parts of the engine from rusting. Snowmobilers could benefit from this during the summer while their sleds are not being used".

This is not the end. These is a lot of uses for silica gel and other moisture absorbers on our daily life


No comments:

Post a Comment

Chemical etching

Chemical Etching The most used technique for etching metal is this procedure, which is also known as photo chemical etching . It can replica...